RE:Vision Effects, acclaimed effects plug-in industry leader and makers of Academy Award winning software, announces Twixtor® 6 with GPU support for Sony® Vegas® Pro, Avid® Media Composer®, Symphony® and NewsCutter®. Create highly engaging slow motion shots with Twixtor without the cost of renting a high speed camera. In order to achieve its unparalleled image quality, Twixtor synthesizes unique new frames by warping and interpolating frames of the original sequence by employing RE:Vision's proprietary tracking technology that calculates motion for each individual pixel.
Using Twixtor within Vegas Pro is up to 8x faster with the new GPU acceleration over running Twixtor in CPU mode, and up to 3x on GPUs when using Twixtor within Media Composer in CPU mode, already known for its speed. Speedups of this magnitude are usually seen with higher end cards, although speedups of up to 5x have been measured on laptops. Note that most currently-sold GPUs will provide customers with needed acceleration, including many mobile GPUs for laptops. Of course, the total speedup end-users will see will vary once application overhead is taken into account: this includes disk I/O, internal host buffering schemes, bandwidth of PCIe bus, codec used for footage, etc.
Users are advised that their specific speedups are dependent on system configuration, specific GPU, and features of Twixtor that are used. Customers who have used Twixtor 5 should test the demo to make sure they will see the speedups they desire before upgrading to Twixtor 6.
• Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d or later. 64-bit version required.
• Sony Movie Studio 11.0 and up. 64-bit version required.
• Driver for GPU must support OpenCL 1.1. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
• Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit.
Media Composer v6 and up, Symphony v6 and up or NewsCutter v10 and up. 64-bit version required.
• For GPU support, the GPU driver must support OpenCL 1.1. On Windows, check with your manufacturer for updated drivers for your GPU, and make sure you have one that supports OpenCL 1.1. We recommend the latest drivers available.
• For Windows: Windows 7 or 8, 64-bit. Windows Vista support for CPU-only mode.
• For Macintosh. Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 needed for GPU support, Mac OS 10.6 still supported for CPU mode. It is highly recommended that when on Macintosh to use Mac OS 10.8 or 10.9 for the GPU mode of Twixtor because the OpenCL drivers are more robust and run up to 30% faster than those of Mac OS 10.7. Macintosh OS 10.9 (Mavericks) is needed for Intel HD Graphics GPU support.
Pricing and AvailabilityPosted by Ian Easton