What is RayFire?
Created by the talented Mir Vadim, the RayFire plugin for 3ds Max is a remarkable tool to satisfy all your needs for demolition, destruction and fragmentation. Basically, for any of your scenes or animations that require a level of chaos added, RayFire is a great option.
The possibilities of what you can achieve with this plugin are endless, with the very best vfx companies harnessing the power of RayFire. Here's just a few of the productions RayFire has had a hand in creating:
The Avengers, Diablo 3, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, The Elder Scrolls Online, 2012, Batman: Arkham City, and Star Trek Into Darkness.
"With Rayfire, I had a guy blasting thru a wall in about 8 minutes, most of which was laying out the set pieces. The demolition system in Rayfire is as easy as just animating something passing thru another object, hit the Demolition button, and Rayfire takes care of the rest! The development of the tools are ongoing, and they keep getting better and better. I have never witnessed a faster development cycle of a production tool outside of a studio. It's like having your own Technical Director working with you. It's one more way the little guy can compete with the big studios. Rayfire paid for itself with one push of a button." - Matt Moses
What Can It Do?
Watch this video to get an idea of what it's capable of.
Advanced image tracing
Pretty self explanatory, watch this to see how far you can push the plugin with the number of fragments made from an image.
You can cache thousands of objects and their animation in a single file to keep all mesh and animation data outside of a scene. Using a variety of playback properties you can get results completely different from what was cached.
Again, another video to visually explain this.
List of other main features:
- NVidia PhysX Rigid Body support via RayFire user interface.
- NVidia PhysX Force Influence Allows You to affect on objects in simulation by forces, space warps and mouse cursor. Glue allows you to glue objects together and break connections between objects during simulation. Several types of simulated objects: Dynamic, Static, Kinematik, Sleeping and Dead.
- Entropy Bullet Rigid Body support via RayFire user interface. (Beta)
- Interactive Demolition System. Creates dynamic simulation and demolishes objects accordingly to their material and collision strength. Each fragment can be demolished further with proper amount of collision strength.
- Fragmenter modifier. Interactive realtime Voronoi shatter modifier.
- Clusters modifier. Groups simple fragments into more complex clusters.
- Bomb helper. Allows You to create all kinds of explosions.
- Fragmentation types. Irregular, Uniform, Voronoi, Wood splinters, Radial, Bricks fragmentation types. Ability to draw cuts over your objects by mouse.
- Asperity modifier Adds detalization to simple geometry and makes them much more realistic.
- Cracks modifier. Animated 3D Cracks inside refractive object.
- Voxels modifier. Creates voxels using geometry volume.
- Fragmentation by Shapes. Use Shapes as stensil to fragment objects.
- Automatic update system.
How to use it?
Get it Now!
Here at AV3 Software, you can buy RayFire for 5% off the normal price.
We also offer academic pricing for this product if you're a student or an education staff member. Get it here.
Posted by Simon Day