MainConcept have produced 2 new plugin sets - one for CS5 and one for Final Cut Pro:
Codec Suite 5.0 for Adobe CS5
Codec Suite 5, the successor to the popular MPEG Pro HD plug-in from MainConcept, is a set of full-featured, native 64-bit editing and export Plug-Ins for Adobe's breakthrough interactive design tools.
MainConcept Codec Suite 5 comes in two different versions and with an additional Dolby Digital Professional audio add-on as well to suit the needs of all users working with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 from the digital media enthusiast to professionals working with production level media formats:
- Codec Suite 5 Professional: For CS5 users who need advanced encoding options, accelerated H.264/AVC CUDA encoding and Smart Rendering.
- Codec Suite 5 Broadcast: For CS5 users who need advanced encoding options, accelerated H.264/AVC CUDA encoding, Smart Rendering and who also need to input from and output to various production level media formats.
- Dolby Digital Professional Add-On for CodecSuite 5: For CS5 users needing to encode sequences in the Dolby Digital Pro format in stereo or 5.1 channels and who also need to optimize their audio streams with high end options.
Key Features at a glance:
- CUDA H.264/AVC Encoding support allows for up to 10X faster HD H.264 encoding if a CUDA compatible GPU is installed on the system. CPU utilization during encoding can also be reduced to as low as XX% by using the CUDA encoder. (on the SDK side we say this but need to check with Frank if this is the case here as well).
- Smart Rendering of MPEG-1/2, DVCPRO and AVC-Intra optimizes the editing workflow in Premiere Pro by only re-encoding segments of video that have changed..*
- Dolby Digital Professional 5.1 Add-On to support Blu-ray Disc, AVCHD and DVD creation .
- Generic MXF OP1-a and OP-Atom container support for MPEG-2, DVCPRO and AVC-Intra formats. **
- Export up to 6 channels AES-3 audio in XDCAM, P2 and generic MXF formats
- Full Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 AVC-Intra and DVCPRO camcorder and deck generation support as well as for the Ikegami GFCAM and Canon XF series.
*General H.264/AVC Smart Rendering support is scheduled for an upcoming update.
**Generic MXF AVC-Intra currently only supports import of OP-1a.
Movie Export 1.0 for Final Cut Pro
MovieExport Plug-In for Final Cut Pro, iMovie, QuickTime Pro, etc.
Key features of MovieExport 1.0:
Plug-In Specific Features:
- Easy-to-use, preset based encoding plug-in for Final Cut Pro, QuickTime Pro, iMovie, etc.
- Improve the workflow for users on Mac OS X, allowing the export of projects using high-quality MainConcept codecs.
- Available as Professional and Broadcast version.
- Direct access to the most important settings via QuickTime export like resolution, video type, frame rate and bitrate.
- Create new user-defined presets with the Reference application and import into the MovieExport plug-in.
- Special approach for selecting preset formats for exporting projects by choosing the file format and extension, resp.
- Automatic gamma shift correction
Codec Specific Features:
- Panasonic P2 DVCPRO and AVC-Intra Class 50/100 transcoding presets, including MXF support.
- JPEG2000 Encoder allows creation DCP compliant frames.
- Ready-to-use XDCAM presets for the whole Sony XDCAM portfolio.
- Blu-ray compliance for MPEG-2, H.264/AVC and VC-1 streams.
- Create Adobe Flash compliant F4V streams. Generate all sorts of Transport Streams for H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, VC-1 and MPEG-4 Part 2.
- Render projects into Microsoft WMV format.
- MXF output for MPEG-2, AVC-Intra, DVCPRO and JPEG2000.
- Ready-to-use Apple iPad and HTML5 presets.